Cheeseburger Meatballs & Pasta
- 2 slices white sandwich bread, torn into pieces
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 1 egg
- 3/4 tsp (4 mL) each salt and ground black pepper
- 12 oz (350 g) 90% lean ground beef
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil, divided
- 3 cups (750 mL) chicken stock
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) flour
- 6 oz (175 g) uncooked campanelle pasta (11/2 cups/375 mL)
- 4 oz (125 g) chive & onion 1/3 less fat cream cheese spread
- 6 oz (175 g) sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (11/2 cups/375 mL), divided
- 2 cups (500 mL) broccoli florets
Combine bread, onion, egg, salt and pepper in a large bowl; mix until a smooth paste forms. Add beef; mix gently but thoroughly. Using a level Small Scoop, scoop beef mixture, forming about 36 meatballs.
Heat ½ tbsp (2 mL) of the oil in Rockcrok (2.5-qt./2.35-L) Everyday Pan over medium heat 2-4 minutes or until shimmering. Cook half of the meatballs 3-4 minutes or until browned, turning occasionally. Remove from Pan. Repeat with remaining oil and meatballs; remove from Pan.
Whisk stock and flour until smooth; add to Pan. Stir in pasta; cook, covered, 9-11 minutes or until pasta is almost tender, stirring occasionally. Stir in cream cheese spread and half of the cheddar until sauce is smooth. Stir in broccoli and meatballs. Cook, covered, 2-3 minutes or until broccoli is tender; remove from heat.
Top with remaining cheddar; cover and let stand 1-2 minutes or until cheese is melted.
- 6 servings servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 450, Total Fat 23 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 110 mg, Sodium 890 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 28 g