Mile High Nachos
These loaded nachos are perfect for a crowd and so good you'll be licking your fingers!
- 1 lb (450 g) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Smoky Applewood Rub
- 1 1/2 bags (1 1/4 lbs/575 g) restaurant-style tortilla chips (20 cups/4.75 L)
- 3 pkgs (8 oz/226 g each) shredded Colby-Jack cheese
- 1 can (15 oz/425 g) canned pinto beans, drained, rinsed
- 1 can (6.5 oz/184 g) sliced black olives, drained
- 1 jar (16 oz/473 mL) pickles jalapeño slices, drained
- 4 plum tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) loosely packed fresh cilantro
- Easy Guacamole(see Cook's Tip)
- 1 cup (8 oz/250 g) sour cream
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C), removing upper rack.
Heat Grill Pan and Grill Press over medium heat, about 5 minutes. Brush chicken with oil and sprinkle with rub. Place chicken on pan and cover with Grill Press. Cook about 5 minutes per side or until internal temperature is 160°F (71°C). Cool slightly and dice; set aside.
Arrange half of the tortilla chips on White Large Round Stone. Top with 1 pkg cheese and half of the: chicken, beans, olives, jalapeños and tomatoes.
Add half of the remaining tortilla chips and top with 8 oz (250 g) cheese; repeat with remaining tortilla chips and cheese. Carefully top with remaining chicken, beans, olives, jalapeños and tomatoes.
Bake 14-16 minutes or until cheese is melted. Remove from oven; sprinkle with cilantro and top with guacamole and sour cream; serve immediately.
- 20 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 330, Total Fat 18 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 680 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 16 g
Substitute your favorite rub for Smoky Applewood Rub.