Moroccan Meatballs with Cucumber Yogurt Sauce
- Cucumber Yogurt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) plain 2% Greek yogurt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely chopped seedless cucumber
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) each salt and sugar
- 1 lb (450 g) 85% lean ground lamb, lean ground beef or ground turkey
- 1/2 small finely chopped red onion (1/4 cup/50 mL)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) finely chopped fresh cilantro
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) curry powder
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) each cayenne pepper, chili powder and ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) fresh bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 egg, beaten
Prepare grill for direct cooking over medium-high heat (400-450°F/200-230°C).
Combine all cucumber yogurt ingredients in small bowl; mix well. Cover; refrigerate until ready to serve.
For meatballs, combine all ingredients in large bowl; mix gently but thoroughly. Using Large Scoop, shape meat mixture into 12 meatballs.
Spray wells of Meatball & Slider Grill Basket with nonstick cooking spray. Place meatballs into wells of Basket.
Place Basket onto grid of grill. Grill, covered, 8-10 minutes, turning halfway through grill time or until internal temperature reaches 160°F/71°C (for well-done). Remove from grill.
Serve meatballs with Cucumber Yogurt. Meatballs can be placed in split pita pockets, naan bread or lettuce wraps, if desired.
- 12 meatballs
6 servings of 2 meatballs about 2 1/2 tbsp ( 37 mL) sauce