Asian Pork Ribs
- 4-4 1/2 lb (1.8-2 kg) country-style pork loin ribs
- 8 cups (1.8 L) water
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) apricot or peach preserves
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) barbecue sauce
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) reduced-sodium soy sauce
- 3 garlic cloves, pressed
- 2 tsp (10 mL) peeled fresh gingerroot, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) thinly sliced green onion with tops
- 2 tsp (10 mL) sesame seeds
Place ribs in (8-qt./7.6-L) Stockpot; add water. Cover; bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer 45 minutes to 1 hour, 15 minutes or until pork is tender. Remove ribs.
Meanwhile, prepare grill for direct cooking over medium coals. Combine preserves, barbecue sauce, soy sauce, garlic and gingerroot. Place ribs on grid of grill; brush with sauce. Grill, uncovered, 10-12 minutes or until well glazed, turning frequently and brushing with sauce. Remove ribs to serving platter; sprinkle with green onions and sesame seeds. Serve; use Steak Knife Set to cut ribs into bite-size pieces.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 460, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 145 mg, Carbohydrate 24 g, Protein 45 g, Sodium 600 mg, Fiber 0 g