Grilled Vegetable Panzanella Salad
Panzanella is a hearty Tuscan bread salad that is popular in the summer. For a more substantial meal, add diced cooked chicken or Italian deli meats.
- 1 large red bell pepper, stem removed, seeded and quartered
- 1 large yellow squash, ends trimmed, cut into 3" (7.5-cm) pieces and cut in half
- 4 cups (1 L) Italian bread cubes (about 1/2 of a 1-lb/450 g loaf, cut into 1/2"/1 cm cubes)
- 1 jar (7.5 oz/212 g) quartered marinated artichoke hearts, drained
- 3 cups (750 mL) baby arugula
- 1/2 oz (15 g) fresh Parmesan cheese (1/4 cup/50 mL grated)
- black pepper (optional)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh basil leaves
- 1 garlic clove
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) olive oil
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) dijon mustard
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) sugar
Using Quick Slice, cut bell peppers into strips and squash into half-moons.
Preheat Double Burner Grill over medium heat 3-5 minutes. Place bread cubes in one half of pan. Add squash, bell pepper and artichokes to other half of pan; lightly spray with oil using Kitchen Spritzer.
Cook 6-8 minutes or until bread cubes are golden brown and vegetables are crisp tender, stirring halfway through.
Transfer bread cubes and vegetables to large serving bowl.
For dressing, place basil and garlic in Manual Food Processor; process until finely chopped. Add remaining dressing ingredients; process until well blended.
Add arugula and cheese to bowl. Drizzle dressing over salad; toss to mix and coat. Serve with black pepper, if desired.
- 6 servings of 1 1/3 cups/325 mL
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 280, Total Fat 19 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 510 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 6 g