Chicken Piccata Pasta
Creamy and lemony, this dish is a fresh take on piccata and is made in a fraction of the time!
- 1 1/4 lbs (625 g) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) olive oil, divided
- 1 1/2 tbsp (22 mL) Lemon Pepper Rub
- 3 cans (14.5 oz/398 mL each) 33% reduced-sodium chicken broth (about 6 cups/1.5 L)
- 1/2 medium onion
- 12 oz (350 g) uncooked angel hair pasta
- 1 lemon
- 2 oz (60 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) capers, drained and rinsed
- Chopped fresh parsley and grated fresh Parmesan cheese (optional)
Cut chicken into 1-in. (2.5-cm) pieces on Cutting Board. Combine chicken, 1 tbsp (15 mL) of the oil and rub in Stainless (4-qt./4-L) Mixing Bowl; toss to coat. Heat remaining oil in (12-in./30-cm) Skillet over medium-high heat 1-3 minutes or until shimmering. Add chicken to Skillet; cook and stir 10 minutes or until chicken is golden brown and centers are no longer pink. Remove chicken from Skillet; set aside.
Meanwhile, pour broth into Large Micro-Cooker®; microwave, covered, on HIGH 8-10 minutes or until broth comes to a boil. On clean cutting board, chop onion using Food Chopper. Add onion to Skillet; cook 10-20 seconds or until onion is fragrant. Carefully add broth and pasta to Skillet; cook, uncovered, 7-8 minutes or until pasta is tender, stirring occasionally.
Zest lemon with Microplane® Adjustable Grater to measure 1 tbsp (15 mL). Juice lemon with Juicer to measure 2 tbsp (30 mL). Add zest, juice and cream cheese to Skillet; stir until cream cheese is fully incorporated. Add chicken and artichokes to Skillet. Cook, covered, 1-2 minutes or until heated through. Remove Skillet from heat; stir in capers. Garnish with parsley and Parmesan cheese, if desired.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 440, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 3 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Carbohydrate 53 g, Protein 35 g, Sodium 1410 mg, Fiber 6 g
To substitute Lemon Pepper Rub, in Step 1, toss chicken with 1 tsp (5 mL) each salt and coarsely ground black pepper. In Step 2, add 2 pressed garlic cloves to onion; cook as directed. In Step 3, increase lemon juice to 3 tbsp (45 mL).