Chicken Avocado Caprese Salad
A classic Caprese salad, plus chicken and avocado equals a refreshing and filling summer meal!
- 1 pkg (5 oz/142 g) baby arugula
- 6 oz (170 g) deli smoked chicken breast, cut 1/2"(1 cm) thick
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry tomatoes
- 1 container (7 oz/198 g) Ciliegine fresh mozzarella balls (cherry size)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable or olive oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) sugar
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
For salad, place arugula in a large serving bowl.
Cut chicken into approximately 3x3” (8x8-cm) pieces. Using Quick Slice, cut chicken into strips; tip slicer over salad greens. Repeat with avocado, tomatoes and mozzarella.
Stack basil leaves; roll tightly and thinly snip with Professional Shears. Sprinkle snipped basil over salad.
For dressing, combine all ingredients in Measure, Mix & Pour®. Mix until blended. Drizzle ¼ cup (50 mL) dressing over salad; toss lightly just before serving. Refrigerate remaining dressing for another use.
- 6 servings of 2 cups/500 mL