7-Layer Tex-Mex Salad
This crunchy, fresh salad is both colorful and satisfying!
- 1 lb. (450 g) chicken tenderloins
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Tex-Mex Rub
- 2 romaine hearts, trimmed (about 4–5 oz./125–150 g)
- ¼ head of purple cabbage, core removed
- 8 oz. (250 g) radishes, trimmed
- 1 can (about 15 oz./398 mL) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 pint (500 mL) cherry tomatoes
- 4 oz. (125 g) cheddar cheese (1 cup/250 mL grated)
- ½ lime
- ⅔ cup (150 mL) 2% plain low-fat Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup (50 mL) milk
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Tex-Mex Rub
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
Cook the chicken, covered with the press, for 6–8 minutes, turning halfway through cooking, or until the internal temperature reaches 165°F (74°C). Move to a medium bowl to cool.
Use the Quick Prep Food Grater fitted with the slicing blade to slice the cabbage to measure about 3 cups (750 mL). Place the cabbage in a row on one end of the bowl over the romaine.
Chop the chicken with the Salad Chopper and place it in a row next to the cabbage.
Slice the radishes with the grater and layer them next to the chicken. Place the beans in a row next to the radishes.
Use the coarse grating blade to grate the cheddar cheese and place it in a row next to the tomatoes.
For the dressing, juice the lime with the Citrus Press into the Measure, Mix & Pour®. Add the remaining dressing ingredients and mix until combined. Pour ⅔ over the salad and reserve the remaining dressing for each portion.
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 760 mg, Carbohydrate 19 g, Fiber 7 g, Sugars 6 g, Protein 29 g
Watch this video to see how to make the recipe.