Greek Potato & Green Bean Salad
This main dish salad can be made with or without meat and comes together quickly using ingredients that you probably stock in your pantry.
- 1 lb. (450 g) "B"-size red potatoes (about 5–7 potatoes)
- 12 oz. (350 g) frozen green beans
- 1 can (15.5 oz. or 398 mL) reduced-sodium chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 pkg (5 oz.) salad greens (spinach, romaine, or blend) (about 6–8 cups/1.5–2 L)
- ½ cup (125 mL) sliced black olives, drained
- Optional: grilled chicken or shrimp, crumbled feta cheese, roasted red peppers
- 6 tbsp (90 mL) olive oil
- ¼ cup (50 mL) red wine vinegar
- ½ tsp (2 mL) dried oregano
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) each dried basil, onion powder, and salt (see cook's tip)
Slice the potatoes with the Veggie Wedger.
Place the potatoes into the Multipot. Add enough cold water to just cover the potatoes. Cover with lid and bring to a boil over high heat.
When the potatoes reach a boil, reduce the heat to medium, remove the lid, and cover with the Collapsible Steamer & Strainer (collapsed one layer). Add the green beans to one half of the steamer and the chickpeas to the other half.
Cook, covered, for 8–10 minutes, or until the green beans are crisp-tender.
Combine the dressing ingredients in the Measure, Mix & Pour®; mix until blended.
Place the salad greens in a large serving bowl. Transfer the green beans and chickpeas to the bowl. Drain the potatoes with the lid and transfer to the bowl.
Top with olives and dressing, and toss to coat.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving (2 cups/500 mL): Calories 290, Total Fat 16 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 410 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g, Fiber 7 g, Sugars 4 g, Protein 6 g
You can substitute the dried herbs in the dressing with 1 tbsp (15 mL) of Greek Rub.