Fresh Tomato, Cucumber & Feta Salad
This is an easy spin on the classic Greek "villagers" salad!
- 2 seedless cucumbers, cut into 3" (7.5 cm) pieces and in half lengthwise
- 4 plum tomatoes, tops removed and cut in half lengthwise
- 1 yellow bell pepper, seeded and quartered
- 4 oz (125 g) chunk feta cheese, cut in half lengthwise
- Black pepper
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) white balsamic or white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) olive oil or vegetable oil
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Italian seasoning
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- garlic clove, pressed
For salad, cut cucumbers with the Quick Slice, place in a large serving bowl; repeat with remaining ingredients, except pepper.
For dressing, combine all ingredients in Measure, Mix & Pour®. Mix until blended.
Drizzle 1/3 cup (75 mL) dressing over vegetables; toss. Refrigerate remaining dressing for another use. Top with black pepper, if desired.
- 12 servings of about 3/4 cup /175 mL
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 45, Total Fat 2.5 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 5 mg, Sodium 170 mg, Carbohydrate 4 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 3 g