Blueberry Banana Muffins
Juicy blueberries, fluffy banana bread, and streusel topping will give your morning a tasty start.
- 1½ very ripe medium bananas, mashed (see cook's tip)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) light brown sugar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp (2 mL) vanilla
- ½ tsp (2 mL) ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¾ cup (175 mL) flour
- ½ tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) baking powder
- ½ cup (125 mL) blueberries, about 30 berries
- ¼ cup (60 mL) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) flour
- 1½ tbsp (22 mL) butter
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) ground cinnamon
- Preheat the oven to 375° F (190° C).
- Combine the bananas, brown sugar, oil, egg, vanilla, cinnamon, and salt in the Mixing Bowl. Whisk until the bananas are evenly distributed and the mixture looks frothy.
- Add the flour, baking soda, and baking powder to the bowl with the wet ingredients. Use the Silicone Scraper to mix just until everything is moistened. Set aside.
- Combine all the topping ingredients in a small bowl. Using your hands, mix the ingredients together, until the mixture is crumbly and no longer dry.
- Line the Silicone Muffin Pan with cupcake liners. Divide the batter into the lined wells.
- Place about 5 berries on top of the batter in each well. Use your finger or a toothpick to gently push the blueberries into the batter.
- Sprinkle the topping over the muffins.
- Bake for 18–22 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the muffins comes out clean.
- Cool for 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and serve.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
US Nutritionals: Calories 280, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 260 mg, Carbohydrate 39 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 21 g (includes 16 g added sugar), Protein 3 g
Bananas not quite ripe yet? Microwave them in their peels for 45 seconds to make them soft and ready to mash!
If you have any remaining topping, try sprinkling it on raw bacon then cook it in an air fryer or oven for crispy candied bacon!
Reheat for 15 seconds in the microwave for the perfect morning treat.