This easy baked oatmeal tastes like a fresh baked oatmeal bar. Top it off with some Mixed Berry Compote and you've got the perfect ending to your brunch!
- Canola oil for spraying pan
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups (500 mL) old fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed light brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) pecans or walnuts, chopped
- 2 tsp (10 mL) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 mL) baking powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) butter, melted
- 2 tsp (10 mL) vanilla extract
Combine oats, sugar, nuts, cinnamon, baking powder and salt in Stainless (4-qt./4-L) Steel Mixing Bowl; mix well.
Add milk mixture and butter to oat mixture; stir until combined.
Pour mixture into baker.
Bake 35-40 minutes or until golden brown and oat mixture is set. Cool slightly before cutting into 8 squares.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 260, Total Fat 13 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 65 mg, Sodium 290 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g, Fiber 3 g, Protein 8 g