Perfectly Creamy Cheesecake
This cheesecake’s deliciously creamy filling makes it a dessert worth sharing.
- 8 graham crackers, broken into pieces
- 1 tbsp (15 m) sugar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 3 pkg (8 oz./250 g each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- ¼ cup (60 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- ½ cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- Optional: 1 can (19 oz./540 mL) cherry or blueberry pie filling
- Preheat the oven to 300°F (150°C).
- For the crust, place the graham crackers and sugar in the Flex+ Food Processor Bowl fitted with the multiuse blade. Process until finely chopped. Add the butter and pulse until moist. Press the crumb mixture into the bottom of 9" (23-cm) Springform Pan. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and place on a cooling rack.
- For the filling, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and flour using the Flex+ Hand Mixer attachment on medium speed until smooth. Add the eggs, one at a time. Mix at a low speed until just blended. Stir in the sour cream, lemon juice, and vanilla. Pour the filling into the crust.
- Bake until the cake’s center appears nearly set when gently shaken (the center will firm as it cools), 55–60 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the oven and place on a cooling rack. Carefully run a sharp knife around the edges of the cheesecake to loosen it from the pan; cool completely.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Release the collar from the pan. Top with pie filling before serving, if you’d like.
- 12 servings of 1
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 390, Total Fat 28 g, Saturated Fat 16 g, Cholesterol 130 mg, Sodium 300 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars 23 g (includes 18 g added sugars), Protein 7 g