Pumpkin Bread Pudding
- 1 loaf (16 ounces) raisin bread
- 1 can (12 ounces) evaporated milk
- 1 can (15 ounces) solid pack pumpkin
- 1/2 cup plus 3 tablespoons sugar, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 tablespoons pumpkin pie spice
- 1 tablespoon orange zest
- 1/4 cup pecans, chopped
- Vanilla frozen yogurt or thawed, frozen fat-free whipped topping (optional)
Pour evaporated milk into small microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH 3 minutes or until hot. In large bowl, whisk pumpkin, 1/2 cup of the sugar, eggs, spice blend and orange zest until smooth. Gradually whisk hot milk into pumpkin mixture.
Place half of the bread cubes over bottom of baker; pour half of the pumpkin mixture over bread. Top with remaining bread cubes and remaining pumpkin mixture. Sprinkle pecans evenly over bread. Sprinkle with remaining sugar. Bake 25-30 minutes or until set. Let stand 15 minutes before serving. Serve with frozen yogurt or whipped topping, if desired.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 360, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 95 mg, Carbohydrate 57 g, Protein 11 g, Sodium 290 mg, Fiber 5 g