Pineapple Upside-Down Cake
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter or margarine
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 can (20 oz/590 mL) pineapple slices, undrained
- 5 maraschino cherries, drained and halved
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped nuts
- 1 pkg (18.25 oz/510-520 g) yellow cake mix
- 3 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (250 mL) thawed, frozen whipped topping
Preheat oven to 350°F. Melt butter in Executive (12-in.) Skillet (do not use stainless cookware) over low heat. Remove from heat; stir in brown sugar until well blended.
Drain pineapple, reserving juice; set aside. Arrange pineapple slices over brown sugar mixture in Skillet. Place a cherry half in center of each pineapple slice. Sprinkle with nuts.
Add enough water to pineapple juice to measure 1 1/3 cups liquid. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine cake mix, pineapple juice, eggs and oil; whisk until well blended and smooth. Pour over fruit mixture in skillet.
Bake 35-40 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Remove from oven; cool 5 minutes. Carefully loosen edges of cake. Invert onto large serving plate. Cool slightly; garnish with whipped topping.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 470, Total Fat 23 g, Saturated Fat 9 g, Cholesterol 75 mg, Carbohydrate 62 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 350 mg, Fiber 2 g