Candy Bar Parfaits
Kids will love making their own candy and ice cream sensations any day of the week.
- 1 bar (1.55 oz/45 g) milk chocolate candy, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) chocolate-flavored syrup
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL) creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup (250 mL) mini-twist pretzels, coarsely chopped
- 1 quart (950 mL) vanilla ice cream
- 4 (10-oz/300 g) clear drinking glasses
- Additional mini-twist pretzels and peanuts (optional)
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) peanuts, chopped
Using Food Chopper, coarsely chop candy bar, pretzels and peanuts; combine in small bowl.
To assemble parfaits, use Ice Cream Scoop to place 1 scoop ice cream in each of 4 drinking glasses. Top each with one fourth of the candy bar mixture and second scoop of ice cream. Top with chocolate sauce and garnish with additional pretzels and peanuts, if desired. Serve immediately.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 510, Total Fat 26 g, Saturated Fat 12 g, Cholesterol 60 mg, Carbohydrate 64 g, Protein 11 g, Sodium 380 mg, Fiber 2 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
4 starch, 4 fat (4 carb)
To make parfaits ahead of time, assemble as recipe directs except do not top with chocolate sauce. Place parfaits covered in freezer. When ready to serve, top with sauce and garnish, if desired.
Vanilla frozen yogurt can be substituted for the vanilla ice cream, if desired.
Any favorite candy bar, chocolate-covered pretzels or chocolate-dipped peanuts can be used in this simple ice cream treat.