Banana Split Dessert
- 1 pkg (15 oz/350 g) frozen deep dish pie shells (2 shells), thawed
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced almonds
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk
- 1 pkg (3.4 oz/102 g) vanilla instant pudding
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) sugar
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) crushed pineapple in juice, drained
- 1 medium banana, sliced
- 2 cups (500 mL) sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) frozen whipped topping, thawed
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Flatten one pie crust in center of Medium Round Stone with Handles; brush with water and sprinkle with nuts. Place remaining crust over first crust, matching edges. Gently press down to seal with bottom crust. Using Baker’s Roller®, roll out crusts to edge of baking stone. Fold 1/2 in. (1 cm) of crust edge under to form an even border. Using pastry tool, form a decorative edge; prick center of pastry.
Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately sprinkle with chocolate morsels; let stand until melted. Spread evenly over crust; cool completely.
For filling, place cream cheese in Classic Batter Bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30 seconds or until softened; whisk until smooth. Gradually whisk in milk. Add pudding mix and sugar; whisk until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in pineapple. Spread filling evenly over crust. Refrigerate until serving time.
For toppings, arrange fruit over top of pie. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with whipped topping. Pipe topping around edge of pastry.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 140, Total Fat 25 g, Saturated Fat 10 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 45 g, Protein 6 g, Sodium 280 mg, Fiber 2 g