Triple Layer Brownies
- 1 cup (250 mL) quick or old-fashioned oats
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped salted, dry-roasted peanuts
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) baking soda
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter (1 stick), melted
- 1 pkg (18-20 oz/450 g) fudge brownie mix (plus ingredients to make brownies)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) semi-sweet chocolate morsels
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) creamy peanut butter
- Additional chopped peanuts (optional)
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray Rectangle Baking Pan with nonstick cooking spray. Combine oats, peanuts, brown sugar, flour and baking soda in a large mixing bowl. Add butter; mix well. Press oat mixture onto bottom of pan; bake 8 minutes. Remove from oven.
Prepare brownie mix according to package directions. Spoon batter over crust; carefully spread to edges. Bake 24-28 minutes or until wooden pick inserted 2 in. (5 cm) from the edge of pan comes out clean. Cool completely.
Combine chocolate morsels and peanut butter in small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 1 minute; stir until smooth. Spread chocolate mixture evenly over cooled brownies. Sprinkle with additional chopped peanuts, if desired. Cool until chocolate mixture is set; cut into bars.
- 32 servings of 1
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 230, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Carbohydrate 23 g, Protein 4 g, Sodium 120 mg, Fiber 1 g