Taffy Apple Pizza
Sliced apples, caramel topping and crunchy peanuts top a giant sugar cookie for this Pampered Chef® classic.
- 1 pkg (15 oz/425 g) refrigerated sugar cookie dough
- 1 pkg (8 oz/250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) creamy peanut butter
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) caramel ice cream topping
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) peanuts, chopped
Preheat oven to 350°F. Shape cookie dough into a ball and place in center of Large Round Stone with Handles; flatten slightly. Using lightly floured Baker's Roller®, roll out dough to a 14-inch circle, about 1/4 inch thick. Bake 16-18 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 10 minutes. Carefully loosen cookie from baking stone using Bread Knife; cool completely on baking stone.
Combine cream cheese, brown sugar, peanut butter and vanilla in Small Batter Bowl; mix well. Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over cookie.
Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut apple slices in half and arrange evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Microwave ice cream topping on HIGH 30-45 seconds or until warm; drizzle evenly over apples. Chop peanuts using Food Chopper; sprinkle over apples. Cut into wedges.
- 16 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 300, Total Fat 17 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 25 mg, Carbohydrate 36 g, Protein 5 g, Sodium 270 mg, Fiber 1 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
2 starch, 1/2 fruit, 3 fat (2 1/2 carb)
Use the Jar Opener to open the jar of caramel ice cream topping with ease.
The Large Spreader is handy for spreading the cream cheese mixture over the cooled cookie. Our Small Spreader works equally well for spreading frosting and thick glazes over baked goods.
Dip apple slices in lemon-lime flavored carbonated soda or lemon juice to prevent them from turning brown.
Add a touch of spice to this dessert pizza by sprinkling ground cinnamon over the apple slices in Step 3 using the Flour/Sugar Shaker.