Perfectly Creamy Cheesecake
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) sugar
- 3 pkg (8 oz/250 g each) cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs, room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) sour cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla
- 1 can (19 oz/540 mL) cherry or blueberry pie filling (optional)
Preheat oven to 300°F (150°C). For crust, combine graham cracker crumbs, butter and sugar until well blended. Press crumb mixture into bottom of Springform Pan. Bake 10 minutes. Remove from oven to cooling rack.
For filling, beat cream cheese, sugar and flour at medium speed of electric mixer until smooth. Add eggs, one at a time; mix at low speed just until blended. Stir in sour cream, lemon juice and vanilla. Pour filling into crust.
Bake 55-60 minutes or until center appears nearly set when gently shaken (the center will firm as it cools). Remove from oven to cooling rack. Immediately run releasing tool around sides of cake to loosen from pan; cool completely. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight. Release collar from pan. To serve, top with pie filling, if desired. Cut into wedges.
- 12 servings of 1
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 390, Total Fat 28 g, Saturated Fat 16 g, Cholesterol 130 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 300 mg, Fiber 0 g