Pecans are superstars in this traditional pie recipe that’s perfect for the holidays and get-togethers.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust (from 15-ounce package), softened as directed on package
- ½ cup (125mL) butter (1 stick)
- ¾ cup (175 mL) packed brown sugar
- ¾ cup (175 mL) light corn syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla (or ½ tsp/2 mL Double Strength Pure Vanilla Extract
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Press the pie dough into the Stone Pie Plate and flute the edges.
- Place the butter, sugar, and corn syrup in a microwave-safe bowl and microwave on HIGH for 2–3 minutes, or until the butter is melted; whisk to combine. Let the mixture cool for 3–4 minutes.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, whisking well after each addition. Add the vanilla and salt; whisk to combine.
- Place the pecans in the bottom of Bake for 45–50 minutes, or until the crust is golden brown (Note: You may need to cover the crust with foil if it’s browning too quickly. The center will have a slight jiggle).
- Bake for 45-50 minutes, or until the crusts are golden brown (covering edges with foil as needed) and the filling has set (center will still have a slight jiggle). Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 2-3 hours before serving.
- Remove the pie from the oven and cool for 2–3 hours before serving.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 400, Total Fat 19g, Saturated Fat 5g, Cholesterol 80 mg, Sodium 340 mg, Carbohydrate 60 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 46 g (includes 45 g added sugar), Protein 5g