Strawberry-Coconut Tres Leches Trifle
The flavors in a popular Mexican cake are redesigned into a simple, pretty dessert.
- 1 lb (450 g) fresh strawberries, divided
- 3 pkg (3 oz each) soft ladyfingers (about 72 total) (see Cook's Tip)
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) sweetened condensed milk, divided
- 1 can (14 oz/398 mL) unsweetened coconut milk, divided
- 1 container (8 oz/250 mL) sour cream
- 1 container (12 oz/1 L) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 1 pkg (3.3 oz/102 g) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 tsp (5 mL) cinnamon
Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator. Fill with 1 cup (250 mL) of the whipped topping. Combine pudding mix and remaining coconut milk in Stainless (4-qt./4-L) Mixing Bowl; whisk until thickened. Add remaining condensed milk and cinnamon; whisk until incorporated. Fold in remaining whipped topping.
To assemble, place half of the ladyfinger mixture into Trifle Bowl; top with half of the strawberries. Spread half of the pudding mixture over strawberries. Repeat layers one time. Pipe whipped topping over top; garnish with strawberry fan.
- 24 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 220, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 29 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 160 mg, Fiber 1 g
Ladyfingers are sheets of sponge cake that can be separated into long ovals and are found in the bakery section of most grocery stores.
One 16-oz (about 390-g) frozen pound cake, thawed, trimmed and diced into 1-in. (2.5-cm) cubes, can be substituted for the ladyfingers, if desired.
To create strawberry fan, open Egg Slicer Plus® and place the strawberry stem end down; slice most of the way through it with wires. Remove the strawberry from the wires and gently fan out the slices.