Grilled Spiced Bananas
This simple fruit dessert is a snap to prepare. After grilling your main dish, toss the fruit packets on the grill before it cools.
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) lemon juice
- 4 large bananas, cut into 1-inch (2.5 cm) pieces
- Vanilla ice cream (optional)
Lightly spray four pieces of aluminum foil with nonstick cooking spray. In Small Batter Bowl, combine brown sugar, butter, cinnamon and lemon juice. Place one banana onto each piece of foil. Divide brown sugar mixture among packets; seal tightly.
Grill packets, covered, over medium coals 5-6 minutes or until bananas are tender. Open packets carefully to allow steam to escape. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 260, Total Fat 3.5 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 59 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 30 mg, Fiber 4 g
U.S. Diabetic exchanges per serving:
1/2 starch, 3 fruit, 1/2 fat (3 1/2 carb)