Banana Walnut Bars
With bananas, walnuts, and chunks of chocolate, this recipe has your favorite banana bread flavors packed into convenient bars.
- ½ tbsp (7 mL) oil for greasing
- ½ cup (125 mL) salted butter, melted
- 1½ cups (375 mL) light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
- 1½ cup (375 mL) flour
- ½ tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1 large banana, mashed (about ½ cup/125 mL
- 3.5 oz. (100 g) milk chocolate, chopped
- ½ cup (125 mL) walnuts, chopped
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) powdered sugar
- ½ tsp (2 mL) cinnamon
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Brush or spray the Large Round Stone with oil.
- Whisk together the melted butter and brown sugar in a large bowl. Add the eggs and vanilla, and whisk until well combined.
- Add the flour, salt, and banana to the mixture and stir until the ingredients are incorporated. Fold in the chocolate and walnuts.
- Pour the batter onto the greased stone and spread evenly to the edges. Bake for 30–35 minutes, or until golden brown and a knife inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove from the oven and cool.
- For the topping, combine the powdered sugar and cinnamon; dust the top of bars. Cut into 16 squares and serve.
- 16 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 250, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 40 mg, Sodium 140 mg, Carbohydrate 37 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 26 g (includes 24 g added sugar), Protein 3 g
Try using dark chocolate and ½ cup (125 mL) less sugar for a version that’s great with your morning coffee or tea.
Wrap your leftovers in plastic wrap (or our reusable storage bags) and put them in the freezer for a grab-and-go treat.