Sweet 'N Salty Caramel Mousse Cups
Reinvent familiar flavors with these creamy, crunchy, addictive desserts!
- 2 cups (500 mL) mini pretzel twists
- 5 tbsp (75 mL) butter, melted
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) powdered sugar
- 1 bar (1.4 oz/40 g) milk chocolate English toffee candy
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) caramel sauce
- 6 oz (175 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) thawed frozen whipped topping
- Additional caramel sauce for drizzling
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray cups of Deluxe Mini-Muffin Pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Finely chop half of the pretzels in Manual Food Processor until fine crumbs form. (Don’t worry if there are some small pretzel pieces.) Pour into Classic Batter Bowl. Repeat with remaining pretzels. Add butter and sugar and mix well.
Spoon about 1 tbsp (15 mL) of pretzel mixture into each cup of pan. Press down using Mini-Tart Shaper to form indentations. Bake 6 minutes.
Break candy bar into a few pieces and finely chop in Manual Food Processor until very fine crumbs form. Measure caramel sauce using Mini Measure-All® Cup.
Mix caramel sauce, cream cheese and chopped candy in same batter bowl. Stir in whipped topping until blended.
Spoon filling into a large resealable plastic bag (see Cook’s Tip) and trim the corner.
Place paper towels underneath Stackable Cooling Rack to prevent a sticky countertop. Remove pan from oven to cooling rack; let stand 2 minutes.
Loosen edges of crusts and remove them from pan to cooling rack.
Squeeze filling evenly into crusts. Pour additional caramel into a small resealable plastic bag. Trim corner and drizzle over cups.
- 24 mousse cups
24 servings of 1 mousse cup
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 100, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 4 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 115 mg, Carbohydrate 10 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 1 g
Use the cleaning tool from the Garlic Press to easily loosen the crusts from the pan.
To easily fill the plastic bag with filling, place the corner of the bag into the Manual Food Processor bowl and fold over the edges. Spoon the filling into the bag; remove the bag from the processor and secure with a Twixit! Clip.
Our Caramel Sauce works great in this recipe.
To prepare recipe in the Brownie Pan, prepare recipe as written with the following changes:
- Increase ingredients to
- 3 cups (750 mL) mini pretzel twists
- 7 1/2 tbsp (111 mL) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 bars (1.4 oz/40 g each) milk chocolate English toffee candy
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) caramel sauce
- 9 oz (255 g) cream cheese, softened
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) thawed frozen whipped topping
- Prepare Brownie Pan as directed in Step 1.
- In Step 3, spoon about 3 tbsp (45 mL) pretzel mixture into cups of prepared pan and press down with Mini Tart-Shaper to create a flat base.
- In Step 7, allow crusts to stand for 4 minutes.