- 1 pkg (18.25 oz/510 g) white cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
- 1 tsp (5 mL) almond extract
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) cold milk
- 1 pkg (3.4 oz/102 g) white chocolate or vanilla instant pudding and pie filling
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) powdered sugar
- 1 container (8 oz/750 mL) frozen whipped topping, thawed
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) cherry or peach jam
- 1 cup (250 mL) sweetened flaked coconut
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Line bottom of Springform Pan with parchment paper; spray pan with nonstick cooking spray.
Prepare cake mix according to package directions, adding almond extract with water. Pour batter into pan. Bake 60-65 minutes or until wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool 10 minutes. Run knife around edge of cake and release collar of pan. Cool cake completely. Remove cake from pan; discard parchment paper. Cut cake in half horizontally. Place bottom half of cake onto serving platter.
Combine milk, pudding mix and powdered sugar. Whisk 1-2 minutes or until mixture begins to thicken. Fold in whipped topping.
Spread jam over bottom half of cake. Spread 1 cup (250 mL) of the frosting over jam. Top with remaining cake layer. Spread sides and top of cake with remaining frosting. Sprinkle with coconut. Refrigerate 1 hour. Serve using Beaded Cake/Pie Server.
- 16 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 9 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 43 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 330 mg, Fiber 1 g