Chocolate Mint Silk Torte
- Nonstick cooking spray with flour
- 1 pkg (18-21 oz/450 g) traditional or chewy brownie mix
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) water
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) peppermint extract
- 2 pkgs (4.67 oz each) crème de menthe chocolate candies, unwrapped, divided (56 pieces total)
- 1 container (12 oz/1 L) frozen whipped topping, thawed, divided
- 8 oz (250 g) cream cheese, softened
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Spray Torte Pans with cooking spray. Place 8-in. (20-cm) circles of Parchment Paper over centers of pans. In large mixing bowl, combine brownie mix, oil, water, eggs and extract; mix well. Pour batter into pans, spreading to edges. Bake 10-12 minutes or until centers are firm. Remove from oven to cooling rack; cool in pans 5 minutes. Invert onto cooling rack; cool completely.
For ganache, combine 12 of the candies and 3/4 cup (175 mL) of the whipped topping in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds; set aside.
For filling, combine 36 of the candies and 1/2 cup (125 mL) of the whipped topping; microwave on HIGH 30-60 seconds or until melted and smooth, stirring every 30 seconds. In medium mixing bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth; whisk in chocolate mixture until well blended. Fold in remaining whipped topping in two additions. Attach open star tip to Easy Accent® Decorator; fill with 1 cup (250 mL) of the filling.
- Transfer one brownie to Cake Pedestal. Spread remaining filling into brownie well; top with second brownie, well-side up. Spread ganache over brownie 1/2 in. (1 cm) from edge of well. Pipe filling around inside edge of well. Cut remaining candies in half crosswise; arrange around border.
- 16 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 400, Total Fat 24 g, Saturated Fat 13 g, Cholesterol 55 mg, Carbohydrate 42 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 170 mg, Fiber 0 g