- 1 cup (250 mL) candy-coated chocolate pieces, divided
- 1 1/2 cups (375 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter or margarine, softened
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla extract
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). Reserve 1/3 cup (75 mL) of the candies for decorating. Coarsely chop remaining candies using Chef's Knife; set aside. Combine flour, baking soda and salt in medium bowl; mix well. In large mixing bowl, beat butter and sugars on medium speed of electric mixer 1 minute or until creamy. Add egg and vanilla; beat 1 minute. Add flour mixture; beat on low speed 30 seconds or just until flour is incorporated. Stir in chopped candies.
Using level Small Scoop, drop dough 2 in. (5 cm) apart onto ungreased Cookie Sheet. Decorate with some of the reserved candies. Bake 12-14 minutes or until light golden brown. Remove from oven; cool 2-3 minutes on Cookie Sheet. Remove cookies to cooling rack; cool completely. Repeat with remaining dough and remaining reserved candies.
- 3 dozen cookies
servings of 1
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 90, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 2.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 12 g, Protein 1 g, Sodium 60 mg, Fiber 0 g