Turtle Fudge Skillet Cake
BAKED RIGHT IN OUR SKILLET, THIS WARM CAKE IS SPREAD WITH A RICH CARAMEL FUDGE GLAZE AND TOPPED WITH CRUNCHY CHOPPED PECANS.
- 1 package (15.25 oz./432 g) devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter or margarine
- 4 oz. (125 g) semi-sweet chocolate for baking, coarsely chopped
- 1 jar (12 oz./350 g) caramel ice cream topping, divided
- ½ cup (125 mL) pecan halves, coarsely chopped
- Optional: Vanilla ice cream
Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C). Prepare the cake mix according to package directions. Melt the butter in the 5-qt. (4.7-L) Nonstick Saute Pan over medium heat, tilting the pan to coat the bottom. Gently pour the batter over the bottom of the skillet, spreading it evenly.
Bake, uncovered, for 30–35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove the pan from the oven, loosen the edges of the cake, and then carefully invert it onto a large, heat-safe serving plate.
Place the chocolate and half of the caramel in microwave-safe bowl. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 30–60 seconds, or until the chocolate is melted and the mixture is smooth. Carefully spread the mixture over the cake.
Sprinkle the pecans evenly over the cake and drizzle with the remaining caramel. Let it stand until the topping is set. Serve with vanilla ice cream, if you’d like.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 440, Total Fat 24 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 85 mg, Sodium 490 mg, Carbohydrate 54 g, Fiber 2 g, Sugars 37 g (includes 0 g added sugars), Protein 6 g