Lemon-Raspberry Cheesecake With Raspberry Whipped Cream
This lemon-raspberry cheesecake is creamy, sweet and tart with a buttery shortbread cookie crust, homemade whipped cream. And it's made in a pressure cooker!
- 1 cup (250 mL) shortbread cookie crumbs (about 5 oz./150 g of cookies)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, melted
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 pkg (8 oz./250 g each) cream cheese, softened
- ½ cup (125 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 eggs
- Juice from 1 lemon, plus zest from 2 lemons
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cornstarch
- ¼ cup (60 mL) seedless raspberry jam
- Raspberry Whipped Cream
- 1 cup (250 mL) heavy whipping cream
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) powdered sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) seedless raspberry jam
- Optional toppings: Fresh raspberries, shortbread cookie crumbs
- Combine the cookie crumbs, melted butter, and sugar in a small bowl. Press the crumb mixture evenly into the bottom of the Pressure Cooker Springform Pan.
- For the filling, use an electric mixer on medium speed to beat the cream cheese in a large plastic bowl. Add the sugar, eggs, lemon juice, lemon zest, and cornstarch. Beat until just incorporated (overmixing will cause the cheesecake to crack). Spread the filling evenly over the crust.
- Spoon the raspberry jam randomly over the filling. Use a knife to gently swirl into the filling (see cook’s tip). Cover the pan with foil.
Pour 1 cup (250 mL) of water into the inner pot of the Deluxe Multi Cooker. Add the wire rack to the inner pot. Place the pan in the wire cradle and lower it onto the rack. Lock the lid, select DESSERT ; press and hold START.
- When the timer is up, let the steam release naturally for 10 minutes, then press CANCEL. Press STEAM-RELEASE.
Carefully remove the pan (the springform pan will be hot, so use oven mitts or grips when removing from the inner pot) and the foil covering. The center may not look completely set but will firm as it cools. Let cool completely. Loosen the collar of the pan, cover, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or overnight.
For the raspberry whipped cream, whisk the cream and powdered sugar in a medium plastic mixing bowl with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until soft peaks form. Add the jam and continue whisking until stiff peaks form.
- To serve, top each slice with whipped cream, raspberries, and cookie crumbs, if you'd like.
- 8 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 530, Total Fat 39 g, Saturated Fat 22 g, Cholesterol 150 mg, Sodium 260 mg, Carbohydrate 40 g, Fiber 0 g, Sugars 31 g (includes 15 g added sugar), Protein 7 g
The secret to a pretty top is to not over-swirl. Run a knife or toothpick through the raspberry jam and cheesecake filling until it’s just marbled.