Black Forest Torte
- 1 pkg (18.25 oz/510 g) devil's food cake mix (plus ingredients to make cake)
- 1 cup (250 mL) sour cream
- 2 cups (500 mL) thawed, frozen whipped topping
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) almond extract, divided
- 1 pkg (3.4 oz/102 g) white chocolate instant pudding and pie filling
- 1 cup (250 mL) cherry pie filling
- Sliced toasted almonds (optional)
Preheat oven to 325°F (160°C). Grease and flour Cake Pans. Prepare cake mix according to package directions; divide batter equally between pans. Bake 25-30 minutes or until wooden pick inserted into centers comes out clean. Remove pans from oven; cool 10 minutes. Remove cakes from pans; cool completely. If necessary, slice crowns off cakes using bread knife.
Place one cake onto serving plate. Combine sour cream, whipped topping and 1/4 tsp (1 mL) of the almond extract in large bowl. Add pudding mix; whisk vigorously until mixture is blended and very thick. Fill Easy Accent® Decorator with 1 1/3 cups (325 mL) of the cream filling. Pipe half of the cream filling around edge of bottom cake layer; set decorator aside. Spoon remaining filling into center of bottom cake layer; spread to meet border. Place top cake layer over bottom layer; pipe remaining filling around edge to form a decorative border.
In small bowl, combine pie filling with remaining 1/4 tsp (1 mL) almond extract. Spoon pie filling over top of cake, spreading to meet border. Sprinkle almonds over top of cake, if desired.
- 16 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 310, Total Fat 15 g, Saturated Fat 6 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Carbohydrate 38 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 360 mg, Fiber less than 1 g