Warm Bananas Foster
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter (1 stick)
- 2 tsp (10 mL) Cinnamon Plus® Spice Blend* or pumpkin pie spice
- 3 1/2 cups (875 mL) vanilla ice cream, divided
- 6 bananas
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) rum extract
Place brown sugar, butter and spice blend in Deep Covered Baker. Using Ice Cream Scoop, add 2 scoops of the ice cream (about ½ cup/125 mL) to baker. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 2-3 minutes or until butter and ice cream are melted.
Remove baker from microwave; stir using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Microwave, covered, an additional 2-3 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and smooth.
Carefully remove baker from microwave. Add bananas and extract to baker; stir gently. Microwave, covered, an additional 1-2 minutes or until banana mixture is warmed through.
Using Ice Cream Scoop, place 1 scoop ice cream (about ¼ cup/50 mL) into each serving bowl; top with 1/3 cup (75 mL) banana mixture.
- 12 servings of ¼ cup/50 mL ice cream and 1/3 cup/75 mL banana mixture
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 270, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 8 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Sodium 105 mg, Carbohydrate 41 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 2 g
*Not available in Canada.
This recipe can be cut in half and prepared in the Round Covered Baker.