Chocolate Cake Mix Cookies With Peanut Butter
These jumbo cookies are super decadent and easy to throw together with just a few ingredients you may already have in your pantry.
- 1 pkg (15.25 oz/432g) chocolate cake mix
- ½ cup (125 mL) vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup (125 mL) semisweet chocolate morsels
- ½ cup (125 mL) creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup (125 mL) butter, softened (1 stick)
- 2 cups (500 mL) powdered sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) milk
- ½ cup (125 mL) chopped peanuts, optional
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (190°C).
- Add all of the cookie ingredients to the bowl of the Deluxe Stand Mixer fitted with the scraper beater. MIX for 45 seconds.
- Use the Extra-Large Scoop to scoop 4-5 cookies onto a sheet pan; spacing 2” (5 cm) apart.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes, or until tops crack slightly and don’t look wet. Allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes before removing.
- To prepare the frosting, add all of the frosting ingredients to the bowl of the Deluxe Stand Mixer. CREAM for 2 minutes and 50 seconds.
- To assemble, spread frosting onto each cookie and top with chopped peanuts, if using.
- 9 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 650, Total Fat 35 g, Saturated Fat 13 g, Cholesterol 70 mg, Sodium 480 mg, Carbohydrate 77 g, Fiber 3 g, Sugars 55 g (includes 53 g added sugar), Protein 8 g
You can make cake mix cookies with any flavor of cake mix! Try vanilla, red velvet, or even confetti!
For best results, only cook one sheet pan at a time. If you bake multiple sheets, rotate your pans and swap racks for even cooking.
To make 18 smaller cookies, scoop 2 tbsp (30 mL) of the mix onto a sheet pan and bake for about 10 minutes, or until the tops crack slightly and don't look wet.