Overnight Steel-Cut Oats
- 1 cup (250 mL) steel-cut oats
- 2 cups (500 mL) water
- 2 cups (500 mL) milk or non-dairy milk
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) brown sugar
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ½ tsp (2 mL) vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter, cut into small pieces
- Optional: chopped or sliced apples, pears or bananas, dried fruits, nuts, ground cinnamon, or maple syrup
Line the interior of the Rockcrok® Dutch Oven or Everyday Pan with parchment paper, trimming any excess paper that extends over the top edge of the pan.
Add the oats, water, milk, brown sugar, salt, and vanilla to the pan and stir to thoroughly combine. Top with the cut pieces of butter.
Cover and place the pan in the Rockcrok® Digital Slow Cooker Stand. Cook on LOW for 8 hours.
At the end of cooking, stir the oatmeal and customize with your favorite optional toppings.
- 4 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (about 1 cup/250 mL): Calories 250, Total Fat 5 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 210 mg, Carbohydrate 43 g, Fiber 4 g, Sugars 17 g, Protein 9 g
The parchment paper helps prevent oatmeal sticking to the pot while it cooks and makes cleanup easy.