- 1 3/4 cups (425 mL) all-purpose flour, divided
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) quick rolled oats, divided
- 1 cup (250 mL) packed brown sugar, divided
- 7 tbsp (105 mL) butter, melted, divided
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) baking powder
- 1 tsp (5 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 cup (250 mL) chopped apple (about 1 medium apple)
- 1 cup (250 mL) milk
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C). Spray wells of Muffin Pan with nonstick cooking spray or line with paper liners. For crumb topping, combine 1/4 cup (50 mL) each of flour, oats, and brown sugar in a small mixing bowl. Add 3 tbsp (45 mL) of the butter; mix well and set aside.
Place remaining flour, oats and brown sugar in a large mixing bowl. Add baking powder, cinnamon and salt; mix well. Stir in chopped apple. Add milk, egg and remaining butter; mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
Divide batter evenly among wells. Sprinkle crumb topping evenly over batter, pressing down gently. Bake 18-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove pan from oven to cooling rack. Cool 5 minutes; remove from pan.
- 12 servings of 1
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 250, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 35 mg, Carbohydrate 40 mg, Protein 4 g, Sodium 115 mg, Fiber 2 g