Broccoli Cheese Frittata
- 4 oz (125 g) cream cheese, softened
- 6 eggs
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) milk
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) ground black pepper
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) chopped onion
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) finely diced red bell pepper
- 1 cup (250 mL) frozen broccoli florets, thawed or sliced zucchini
- 4 oz (125 g) cheddar cheese, shredded (1 cup/250 mL)
- 6 slices firm white sandwich bread
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter or margarine
Preheat oven to 350°F (180°C). In large bowl, whisk cream cheese until smooth. Add eggs, milk, flour, salt and black pepper; whisk until well blended and set aside.
Place onion, bell pepper, broccoli and cheese in separate (1-cup/250-mL) Prep Bowls. Using 3-inch scalloped or round cutter, cut six rounds out of bread slices (discard trimmings).
Melt butter in Executive (10-in./24-cm) Skillet (do not use stainless cookware) over medium heat; arrange bread slices in single layer over bottom of pan. Cook 1-2 minutes or until golden brown on one side; remove bread from pan and set aside. Add onion and red pepper; cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove from heat. Stir in broccoli and spread evenly over bottom of Skillet. Sprinkle with cheese. Slowly pour egg mixture over vegetables. Arrange reserved bread slices, toasted-side up, over egg mixture (do not press down). Place in oven and bake 18-20 minutes or until egg mixture is set in center. Remove from oven; serve warm.
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 290, Total Fat 20 g, Saturated Fat 11 g, Cholesterol 260 mg, Carbohydrate 14 g, Protein 15 g, Sodium 560 mg, Fiber 2 g