- 1 tbsp (15 mL) butter, divided
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped onion
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) finely chopped green bell pepper
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) diced ham
- 2 eggs
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) water
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) salt
- ⅛ tsp (0.5 mL) pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) cheddar cheese, shredded
- Optional garnish: sliced green onions
- Melt ½ tbsp (7 mL) of butter in the 8.5" (21-cm) Nonstick Fry Pan over medium heat. Add the onion and bell peppers. Cook until softened, about 3 minutes. Add the ham and continue cooking over medium heat for 2 minutes. Remove from the pan; set aside.
- Whisk together the eggs, water, salt and pepper in a small bowl. Melt the remaining ½ tbsp (7 mL) of butter to the pan over low heat.
- Swirl the butter around the pan to coat the bottom and sides. Pour the egg mixture into the pan. Let it sit for one minute undisturbed for the bottom to begin to set. With a rubber scraper, gently push one edge of the egg into the center of the pan then tilt to allow the still-liquid egg to flow underneath. Repeat with the other edges until there is no liquid left. The egg should be able to easily slide around in the pan. If it sticks, loosen the bottom with a spatula.
- Add the ham filling to one half of the egg.
- Using the omelet spatula, fold the egg over the filling. Continue cooking for 1 more minute. Slide the omelet onto a plate and serve
- 1 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 370, Total Fat 28 g, Saturated Fat 14 g, Cholesterol 440 mg, Sodium 540 mg, Carbohydrate 5 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 2 g (includes 0 g added sugar), Protein 24 g
Elevate the flavor with a different cheese like smoked gouda or pepper jack!