Berry Streusel Coffee Cake
- 11/2 cups (375 mL) flour
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) old-fashioned oats
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) packed light brown sugar
- 2 tsp (10 mL) baking powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Korintje Cinnamon
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) butter (1 stick)
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) milk
- 1 egg
- 1 container (6 oz) fresh blueberries (1 cup/250 mL)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) old-fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) flour
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) packed light brown sugar
- 1/4 tsp (12 mL) Korintje Cinnamon
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) butter, melted
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) powdered sugar
- 1/2 tbsp (7 mL) milk
In Small Batter Bowl, microwave butter, uncovered, on HIGH 30 seconds or until almost melted. Whisk until smooth. Add milk and egg; whisk until well blended. Add egg mixture to flour mixture; mix until dry ingredients are moistened.
Pour batter into baker; top with blueberries. Combine remaining topping ingredients in medium bowl; mix well. Sprinkle topping evenly over blueberries.
Bake, uncovered, 40-45 minutes or until Cake Tester & Releasing Tool inserted in center comes out clean and cake is set. Remove baker from oven to cooling rack; let cool 30 minutes.
For glaze, mix powdered sugar and milk in small bowl. Spoon into small resealable plastic bag. Trim a small corner off the bag; drizzle over cake. Cut into 12 squares; serve warm.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 290, Total Fat 11 g, Saturated Fat 7 g, Cholesterol 45 mg, Sodium 240 mg, Carbohydrate 45 g, Fiber 2 g, Protein 4 g
Allowing the cake to cool for 30 minutes makes it easier to cut, and it will still be warm when ready to serve.