Apple Nut Ring
- 2 pkg (7.5 oz/212 g each) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) butter or margarine, melted
- 2 medium Granny Smith apples
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) nuts, chopped
Dip biscuits in butter; roll in sugar mixture. Arrange biscuits in Deep Dish Baker. Peel, core and slice apples using Apple Peeler/Corer/Slicer. Cut slices in half crosswise with Paring Knife. Place an apple slice between each biscuit and around outer edge of Baker. Chop nuts with Food Chopper. Mix nuts with remaining sugar mixture; sprinkle over apples.
Bake 25-30 minutes or until biscuits are deep golden brown. Serve warm using Mini-Serving Spatula.
- 10 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 260, Total Fat 12 g, Saturated Fat 4.5 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Carbohydrate 35 g, Protein 3 g, Sodium 480 mg, Fiber 1 g
Korintje Cinnamon can be substituted for ground cinnamon, if desired.