- 2 cups (500 mL) water, divided
- 3/4 cup (175 mL) sugar
- 1 cup (250 mL) fresh mint leaves, coarsely chopped
- 4-5 limes
- 1 cup (250 mL) crushed ice
- 1 liter bottle lime-flavored or regular club soda, chilled
- Lime slices and mint sprigs for garnish (optional)
To make sugar syrup, place 1 cup (250 mL) water and sugar in a small saucepan; stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove saucepan from heat; add chopped mint leaves and remaining water. Allow mixture to steep 5-10 minutes. Strain mixture to remove mint leaves; cool sugar syrup 15-20 minutes.
Using Citrus Press, press limes into pitcher. Place ice in pitcher; add cooled sugar syrup and club soda. Stir to combine. To serve, pour into ice-filled glasses. Garnish each glass with a lime slice and mint sprig, if desired.
- 7 cups
10 servings of 3/4 cup
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 60, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 17 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 20 mg, Fiber 0 g