Step up your brunch with this easy beer cocktail with a kick!
- 1 lime, plus additional lime wedges for optional rim and garnish, divided
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) coarsely ground sea salt
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) crushed red pepper flakes (optional, see cook's tip)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) tomato juice or Bloody Mary Mix (see cook's tip)
- 1/8 tsp (.5 mL) hot sauce
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 12 oz (1 1/2 cups/375 mL) lager beer
Fill rimmed tall glass with ice.
Using Citrus Press, juice 1 lime to measure 1 tbsp (15 mL). Add to glass with remaining ingredients; stir. Garnish with additional lime wedge, if desired.
- 1 servings of 1 3/4 cups/425 mL
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 160, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Sodium 180 mg, Carbohydrate 16 g, Fiber 0 g, Protein 2 g
To decorate glass, place salt mixed with crushed red pepper flakes on a small plate. Rub wedge of reserved lime around edge of glass; dip glass into salt mixture.
For a Bloody Caesar: Use ¼ cup (50ml) of your favorite Clamato Juice instead of tomato juice or Bloody Mary Mix