Frankenstein Cheese Spread
- Cheese Spread
- ½ large carrot, peeled, ends trimmed, divided
- 3 mini sweet red peppers, stems removed and seeded
- 2 green onions, cut into 2" (5-cm) lengths
- 2 pkg (8 oz/250 g each) 1/3 less fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 3 tbsp (45 mL) reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 2 oz (60 g) cheddar cheese, grated (½ cup/125 mL)
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) Garlic & Herb Rub
- 1 tsp (5 mL) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 container (8 oz/250 g) prepared guacamole (about 1 cup/250 mL)
- 1 mini sweet red bell pepper, stem removed and seeded
- 4 extra-large pitted ripe black olives
- 1 pretzel rod
- ¼ cucumber
- Balsamic glaze or black decorating gel
For the cheese spread, cut a 2” (5-cm) piece from the narrow end of the carrot; set aside remaining piece. Place carrot, bell peppers and onions in the Manual Food Processor and process until finely chopped.
- Add the veggies to a medium mixing bowl. Add remaining cheese spread ingredients to the bowl and mix until well blended.
- Place a large sheet of plastic wrap in the 5¼ cup (1.25 L) Rectangle Leakproof Glass Container (or another container approximately 7” x 5” / 17.5 cm x 12.5 cm). Spread the cheese mixture evenly in the container and wrap the top of the spread with plastic wrap. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- When ready to decorate, unwrap the cheese spread and invert onto the Large Entertaining Platter. Spread the top and sides of the rectangle with the guacamole.
- Spiralize the remaining carrot piece using the spaghetti blade on the Veggie Spiralizer. Top one short end of the rectangle with carrots to create “hair.”
- Cut bell pepper in half lengthwise. Place bell pepper halves on the sides of the rectangle for “ears.” Break pretzel rod in half; add 2 olives to each end of the pretzel rod. Insert into bottom sides of the head for “bolts”.
- Slice two pieces from the cucumber and use for the eyes. Use the end of the cucumber for the nose.
- Pipe balsamic glaze, to create “brows, mouth and stitches.” Serve with additional pretzel rods or crackers and veggies dippers, if desired.
- 24 servings servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving (2 tbsp/30 mL spread): Calories 80, Total Fat 7 g, Saturated Fat 3.5 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Sodium 220 mg, Carbohydrate 3 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 1 g, Protein 3 g
Be creative and use leftover vegetables or cheese to decorate.
For best results, spread with guacamole and decorate within 2 hours of serving. If making your own guacamole spread, squeeze lime juice over the spread to minimize browning.