This colorful and refreshing cocktail can be enjoyed year round!
- 1 4-in. (10-cm) piece peeled fresh gingerroot
- 1 can (12 oz/350 g) frozen pomegranate-cherry juice concentrate, thawed
- 5-6 limes
- 3 cups (750 mL) chilled club soda
- 1 bottle (750 mL) sparkling wine such as spumante
- 4 cups (1 L) ice plus additional for serving
- Using Food Chopper, finely chop gingerroot. Place gingerroot and juice concentrate into 2-qt. (2-L) Micro-Cooker. Microwave, covered, on HIGH 6-7 minutes or until mixture comes to a boil. Carefully remove from microwave; cool 10 minutes. Meanwhile, juice limes with Citrus Juicer & Zester to measure 1/4 cup (50 mL).
- Using Stainless Steel Mesh Colander, strain pomegranate mixture and lime juice into Family-Size Quick-Stir Pitcher; discard ginger. Slowly add club soda and sparkling wine; plunge gently to mix. Carefully add ice; plunge gently. Place additional ice in eight glasses; pour beverage over ice.
- about 8 cups (2 L)
8 servings of about 3/4 cup (175 mL)
Nutrients per serving:
Calories 170, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 35 mg, Fiber 0 g
For a delicious nonalcoholic version of this recipe, substitute an additional 3 cups (750 mL) club soda for the sparkling wine.
Any frozen pomegranate juice blend can be substituted for the pomegranate-cherry juice concentrate, if desired.