Warm Curry Chicken Dip
This mild, warm dip is a real crowd pleaser and is delicious served with apple slices and celery sticks.
- 1 cup (250 mL) finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) thinly sliced green onions with tops
- 1 pkg (8 oz/226 g) reduced-fat cream cheese (Neufchâtel), softened
- 1 cup (250 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese (4 oz/125 g)
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) golden raisins
- 1 garlic cloves, pressed
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) curry powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) salt
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sweetened flaked coconut
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) apricot jam or mango chutney
- Additional thinly sliced green onions (optional)
- Apple wedges and celery sticks
Preheat oven to 400°F. For dip, finely chop chicken using Food Chopper. Thinly slice green onions using Chef's Knife. In Classic Batter Bowl, combine chicken, green onions, cream cheese, mozzarella cheese, raisins, garlic pressed with Garlic Press, curry powder and salt; mix well. Spread over bottom of Mini-Baker. Bake 18-20 minutes or until heated through. Remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.
Meanwhile, for topping, combine coconut and almonds in Small Micro-Cooker®. Microwave, uncovered, on HIGH 1-2 minutes or until evenly toasted, stirring after each 20-second interval.
Spread jam over top of warm dip. Sprinkle with coconut mixture. Garnish with additional green onions, if desired. Serve with apple wedges and celery sticks for dipping.
- 12 servings of about 3
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 8 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 13 g, Protein 8 g, Sodium 140 mg, Fiber 1 g
To prepare dip in the microwave oven, prepare recipe as directed in Step 1; microwave on HIGH 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Proceed as recipe directs.