Barbecue Bacon Squares
- 1 pkg (13.8 oz/283 g) refrigerated pizza crust
- 6 slices bacon
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) ketchup
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) brown sugar
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) cider vinegar
- 1 cup (250 mL) sliced water chestnuts, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) shredded mozzarella cheese (2 oz/60 g)
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) snipped fresh parsley
- 1 1/2 tsp (7 mL) Smoky Barbecue Rub
Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Unroll dough onto lightly greased Rectangle Stone; roll dough to edge of baking stone and set aside.
Cook bacon in (10-in./24-cm) Skillet over medium heat until crisp, covering Skillet with Splatter Screen. Remove bacon from Skillet; drain on paper towels.
Combine ketchup, sugar, vinegar and barbecue rub in medium bowl; mix well. Spread sauce over crust to within 1/2 in. (1 cm) of edge. Crumble bacon; sprinkle bacon and water chestnuts over sauce. Sprinkle cheese evenly over pizza. Bake 20-22 minutes or until cheese is melted and crust is golden brown. Remove from oven; sprinkle with parsley. Cut into squares and serve.
- 15 squares
15 servings of 1
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 150, Total Fat 6 g, Saturated Fat 2 g, Cholesterol 15 mg, Carbohydrate 16 g, Protein 7 g, Sodium 490 mg, Fiber less than 1 g