Jerk Chicken Nachos
This twist on a classic is so easy to make and is perfect for a casual night in with friends.
- 6 cups (1.5 L) tortilla chips
- 3 cups (750 mL) diced or shredded cooked chicken
- 2 cups (8 oz/250 g) shredded cheddar and Monterey Jack cheese blend
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) Jamaican Jerk Rub, divided
- 1 small yellow or red bell pepper or combination
- 1 lime
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) snipped fresh cilantro
- 1/4 cup (50 mL) sour cream and 1 tsp (5 mL) additional Jamaican Jerk Rub (optional)
In Classic Batter Bowl, combine chicken, cheese and 1 tbsp of the rub; mix gently using Small Mix ‘N Scraper®. Sprinkle chicken mixture evenly over tortilla chips. Bake 5-7 minutes or until cheese is melted; remove from oven to Stackable Cooling Rack.
Spoon bell pepper mixture over nachos; sprinkle evenly with cilantro. If desired, combine sour cream and additional rub in resealable plastic bag; trim corner to allow sour cream to flow through. Pipe sour cream mixture over nachos. Garnish with lime slices.
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 200, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 50 mg, Carbohydrate 10 g, Protein 16 g, Sodium 300 mg, Fiber 1 g
Use the Classic Batter Bowl to measure tortilla chips easily. Discard broken chips.
This recipe can also be prepared on the Large Bar Pan, if desired.