California Club Nachos
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) canola oil, divided
- 6 corn tortillas (6"/15 cm)
- 4 slices bacon
- 2 green onions
- 1 large ripe avocado, peeled and seeded
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lime juice
- 1/4 tsp (1 mL) each salt and black pepper
- 2 cups (500 mL) dip finely diced cooked chicken
- 12 small grape tomatoes
Cut green onions into small pieces and place in Manual Food Processor; process until finely chopped. Dice avocado and add to processor bowl (see cook’s tips). Add lime juice, salt and pepper; process until almost smooth.
Carefully remove blade from processor bowl and transfer avocado mixture to Classic Batter Bowl. Add chicken and bacon; mix well. Slice tomatoes in half.
- 24 servings of 1 appetizer
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 50, Total Fat 4 g, Saturated Fat 1 g, Cholesterol 10 mg, Sodium 75 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Fiber 1 g, Protein 4 g
To easily dice an avocado, begin by cutting it in half with Utility Knife and removing the pit. Cut into avocado flesh, not going all the way through the skin, in vertical and horizontal rows. Using a Small Mix ‘N Scraper®, scoop the already diced avocado directly into the Manual Food Processor. See step 4.