Jell-O® is the not-so-secret ingredient in this tangy, sweet, crunchy, and colorful popcorn that’s perfect for birthday parties, gender reveal parties, or any fun occasion!
- ¼ cup (60 mL) popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil
- ½ cup (125 mL) butter (1 stick)
- ¼ cup (60 mL) light corn syrup
- ½ cup (125 mL) sugar
- 1 pkg. (3 oz.) Jell-O®, any flavor
- Preheat the oven to 250°F (180°C) and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add the popcorn kernels and oil to the Electric Pop & Stir. Place the lid on top, then select the POP setting and cook until the kernels have popped and there’s about 3 seconds between pops, about 5–8 minutes. Transfer the popcorn to a large mixing bowl, being careful not to add unpopped kernels; set aside.
- Melt the butter and corn syrup in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the sugar and Jell-O®. Bring the mixture to a full boil and then cook for 4 minutes without stirring.
- Pour the hot mixture over the popcorn and toss to evenly coat.
- Spread the popcorn in a single layer on the sheet pan. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes.
- Remove the sheet pan from the oven and cool completely. (The candy coating will harden as it cools.)
- 12 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 200, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 40 mg, Carbohydrate 26 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 20 g (includes 20 g added sugar), Protein 2 g
Don’t stir the sugar as it cooks, or it may crystallize.