Caramel corn is a classic treat for a reason—it’s deliciously buttery and crunchy. You just might want to make a double batch!
- ¼ cup (60 mL) popcorn kernels
- 1 tbsp (15 mL) oil
- ¼ cup (60 mL) butter (½ stick)
- ½ cup (125 mL) brown sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) light corn syrup
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) salt
- ¼ tsp (1 mL) vanilla extract
- ⅛ tsp (0,5 mL) baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 250°F (120°C) and line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Add the popcorn kernels and oil to the Electric Pop & Stir. Select the POP setting and cook until the kernels have popped and there’s about 3 seconds between pops, about 5–8 minutes. Add the popcorn to a large mixing bowl, being careful not to add unpopped kernels.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the brown sugar, corn syrup, and salt. Bring to a boil and cook for 4 minutes without stirring. Remove from the heat.
- Add the vanilla and baking soda, and stir to combine.
- Pour the caramel sauce over the popcorn and toss to evenly coat.
- Spread the popcorn in a single layer on the sheet pan. Place in the oven and bake for 30 minutes, stirring every 10 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool completely. (The caramel will harden as it cools.)
- 6 servings
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. nutrients per serving: Calories 210, Total Fat 10 g, Saturated Fat 5 g, Cholesterol 20 mg, Sodium 135 mg, Carbohydrate 30 g, Fiber 1 g, Sugars 24 g (includes 24 g added sugar), Protein 1 g
Don’t stir the sugar as it cooks, or it may crystallize.