Fresh Tomato Salsa
- 1 small onion
- 1 jalapeño pepper, stemmed
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) loosely packed fresh cilantro
- 2 tbsp (30 mL) fresh lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1/2 tsp (2 mL) salt
- 2 cups (500 mL) grape tomatoes, divided
- Tortilla chips (optional)
Cut onion into quarters. Cut jalapeño crosswise into thirds. Combine onion, jalapeño, cilantro, lemon juice, garlic and salt in Manual Food Processor; pump handle until coarsely chopped.
Add half of the tomatoes; pump handle until coarsely chopped, removing lid and scraping down sides of bowl as necessary. Add remaining tomatoes; pump handle to chop to desired consistency. Serve with tortilla chips, if desired.
- about 2 1/2 cups (625 mL) salsa
10 servings of 1/4
Nutrients per serving:
U.S. Nutrients per serving: Calories 10, Total Fat 0 g, Saturated Fat 0 g, Cholesterol 0 mg, Carbohydrate 2 g, Protein 0 g, Sodium 120 mg, Fiber 1 g